For More Information...
About Home Care Packages, The Commonwealth Home Support Program and how it works with Gourmet Meals
How Our Meal Delivery Works
Order from our delicious and nutritious menu online or over the phone
The tasty meals are cooked by internationally trained chefs
Our friendly drivers deliver straight to your doorstep
All you have to do is heat and enjoy!
Find out if we deliver to you!
Enter your suburb or postcode below to check the next delivery date for your area:
Why Choose Gourmet Meals?
Embrace the comfort of meals that bring a reminiscent touch of traditional home cooking with Gourmet Meals. Our offerings are not only budget-friendly but also a culinary nod to the classics. What sets us apart is the personal touch in our service — when you reach out to us, you're greeted by compassionate individuals, not automated responses. Every phone conversation is with a 'real person' who understands your needs, and our delivery personnel are more than just drivers.
Since 1993, our family-owned and heart-driven establishment has been a staple of the Gold Coast community, standing strong as a testament to our unwavering passion for nourishing lives.
Extending our reach to beloved seniors, we proudly deliver across the Gold Coast, Brisbane, and Northern NSW regions. Accessibility is key to our service; thus, we invite you to use our delivery day checker to confirm your eligibility for home deliveries. Rest assured, every step with Gourmet Meals is a step towards quality, convenience, and a community that cares.
Why Opt For Ready-Made Meals?
- You no longer can or wish to shop, cook and clean up
- You need to eat healthier
- You want to stay living independently in your own home for longer
Great Choice & Variety of Meals
Achieve Your Independence
Well Balanced & Nutritious Meals
Absolutely No Lock In Contracts
Money Back Guarantee
Call us on 1300 112 112 to discuss your aged care meals plan
Information on Subsidised Meals
As a preferred “Supplier of Prepared and Delivered Meals” for many Home Care Service Providers, Gourmet Meals can offer:
- Convenient ready meals delivered to your door
- Good old-fashioned home-style cooked meals
- Wholesome, nutritious, and well-balanced meals
- Great personalised service
- Competitive pricing
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, reduced salt, and reduced fat options
- Home care package and NDIS approved
- Portion and calorie-controlled meals
Subsidised Support Services Available For Home Care
Referral codes are given to those people who are deemed eligible for subsidised support through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). This decision is made by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) who do a home support assessment for those who are starting to need some basic assistance.
When they start needing more assistance they will be assessed for a Home Care Package (HCP) by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). No “referral codes” are given at this assessment. The client has to wait until they are “assigned” a package. They then need to find an Aged Care Service Provider (ie Anglicare) who will set up meal delivery through someone like Gourmet Meals.
The referral code can only be used with a “not for profit” organisation that is deemed a CHSP provider and has been approved by the Dept of Health. They have access to the MY AGED CARE portal where they can use that referral code to access all the client’s details. Meals on Wheels for eg. is an approved CHSP provider.
Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
- If you are generally able to manage at home, but need support with just a few basic tasks, you could be eligible for subsidised support services through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). This generally does not include delivery of ready meals.
- The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) helps senior Australians access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home. A Regional Assessment Service (RAS) will do a “home support assessment”.
- If you’re being assessed for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, you will find out if you are eligible straight away at your assessment.
Home Care Package (HCP)
- Home Care Packages are for those with greater or more complex care needs. If you need many care and support services on an ongoing basis, you could be eligible for a Home Care Package (HCP).
- Home Care Packages can provide many different services to meet your needs. Personal care, nursing, meal preparation and diet, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, domestic assistance, home maintenance, transport, social support etc. The higher the needs, the higher the package level, the more funds will be available to cover these services. A comprehensive assessment will be done with an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
- Your assessor will need to take some time to review the information and to decide whether you are eligible. There is a lot of demand for Home Care Packages, so, although you may be “approved” for a package, there may be a wait before one can be “assigned” to you.
- To ensure you can access the help you need at an affordable price, the government subsidises a variety of organisations across Australia. These organisations are called Aged Care Service Providers and they have access to government funding. They deliver care and services to you at a subsidised price.
- If you have been assessed and approved for a Home Care Package you could be eligible for the delivery of prepared meals within your package.
While you are waiting, you might want to start gathering information to see what’s out there and who you would like to use, so that you’re prepared once you are assigned a Home Care Package. Look for a Service Provider on:
To Begin Receiving Subsidised Meal Delivery
If you require assistance around the home with meals, domestic assistance, transport, social support, personal care, physio or nursing etc. you may ask to be assessed to see if you could be eligible for a Home Care Package. To seek assistance please click here or call 1800 200 422.
If you have been assessed and approved for a Home Care Package you could be eligible for the delivery of prepared meals within your package.
Often a portion of the invoice is covered by the package and is billed to the Aged Care Service Provider (usually 70% in the case of Gourmet Meals) for the preparation of the food and the remaining 30% for the food cost, is charged to the client. In most circumstances, the Care Agency pays for delivery or sometimes the client pays for delivery.
It all depends on the 'package' you have available to you. Please download our price list here. To begin weekly meal delivery with Gourmet Meals, simply call us on 1300 112 112 to set up your account.
My 83-year-old mum has to stick to low-salt food and the ones in the supermarkets have way too much in them. Your meals are perfect for her and she LOVES them. She can manage to zap her own dinner and it is keeping her strong. We are very happy with the meals and the service. Thank you very much.
Janeen Fuller, Upper Coomera
I would like to express my appreciation for your delivery man today. My mother who is 85 and suffers from Parkinsons tried to answer the door and had a fall. He stayed with her until one of our family members came to assist and even helped us pick her up. He is a credit to your company and should be an employee of the month at the least. Thank you so much.
Karen, Coopera Plains