Being in isolation is an unfamiliar experience for most people, and it can be really tough for some.
First, know that you’re doing the right thing. You’re not only protecting the community this way, but you’re also helping those people who are at a higher risk of developing a severe illness from COVID-19 and all the health and other frontline workers who have been working tirelessly to protect us.
Next, it’s important to keep your own health in check during this time. Keep reminding yourself that this is just a temporary situation, and you still have your physical and mental health to look after.
Here are some things you can do to keep yourself healthy while isolating:
1. Connect with the people you love. Emotional health is an important part of overall health. Whist face-to-face conversations are not likely possible while isolating, staying connected with friends, family, and colleagues via email, social media, video conferencing, or telephone is also a great way to keep yourself healthy and happy in troubling times.
2. Get enough quality sleep. A lack of quality sleep can negatively affect your mood, energy levels, and ability to focus, and reduce your immune system’s ability to fight off infections. You should use this time to catch up on rest and maybe tack on an extra hour or two of sleep a night.
3. Keep hydrated. Staying hydrated is essential in staying healthy, especially these days when we could all use a boost in immunity. Health experts recommend drinking two and a half litres of water a day and consuming water-rich fruit and vegetables like watermelon, peaches, and cucumber. If you are feeling unwell, have plenty of natural juices, and hot tea with honey and lemon.
4. Exercise. We know that regular exercise benefits not just your body, but your brain, too. So, keep your happy hormones going by making exercise part of your daily routine. Being in a confined space is not a reason to bail on your workout! Home workouts are also a great way to stay active, not to mention high on the convenience factor.
5. Get out into the sun. Make an effort to get some fresh air, and better still, get out into the sun; this will provide you with an essential dose of vitamin D.
6. Keep busy. Start a project, read a book, watch a movie. Or how about sorting out your photos into albums, or, cleaning out your cupboards. Self-indulge by giving yourself a face mask or a pedicure. Make yourself a list of things to do every day so that you have a sense of purpose and can feel good about your daily achievements.
7. Have a balanced and varied diet. There’s probably no better time than now to start eating healthier. Opting for a balanced and varied diet is an important step to meet your body’s nutritional needs and keep you healthy enough to fight off diseases.
Many of us here at Gourmet Meals have been in this situation, and we know just how very boring and frustrating isolating can be. Being stuck inside without any purpose or social contact is not only depressing and stressful, but it can also lead to some bad eating habits. It doesn’t help either when you are unable to go out and shop, or, that you are not well enough to cook up something healthy for yourself.
Gourmet Meals is here to make these times of seclusion more bearable, one snap-frozen meal a time!
With our well-balanced, nutritious, and great tasting portion-controlled meals, you can leave your worries behind and make healthy eating possible, even in isolation. What’s more, we deliver right to your doorstep! No more wondering what’s for dinner; simply remove your “gourmet meal” from the freezer, heat, and enjoy!
Check out our wide selection of healthy dishes here.
Tags: Nutritious Meals Delivered, Snap-frozen Meals, Healthy Meals Delivered, Healthy Dinner Delivered, Gluten-free Meals, Balanced Diet, Gourmet Meals, Staying Healthy In Isolation, Well-balanced Meals, Healthy Dishes, Portion-controlled Meals, Meals Delivered Contact Free, Covid Isolation Meals Delivered
- Breaking the addiction to processed foods
- Improve your Mood Through Healthy Eating
- Low cost, low calories - but packed with flavour
- Foods that assist weight loss
- Gourmet Meals flavours of the World